Your search for your Bahamas home should start with us. We specialize in the Abacos and are based in Hope Town, but our real estate expertise extends to all of the Bahamas. We will prepare you in all facets of the buying process and develop a good understanding of the lifestyle you desire for one of the most exciting and important investments in life i.e. the purchase of your perfect home, whether it is your full-time residence, a vacation home or investment property.
Hope Town Hideaways will prepare you and be with you every step of the way from the initial choice of property through to the closing of your purchase. It is not very complicated but it is different from other places in the world, so here we will give you a brief synopsis of what to expect during the buying process:
1. Select your Hope Town Hideaways Agent from our knowledgeable staff who all have a complete knowledge of the properties available, comparable values and construction costs.
2. Search our website or visit the office to peruse our listings – we are members of the Multiple Listing Service so other realtor’s properties will also be displayed and can be shown to you by our realtor.
3. Please begin your process by identifying the type of home you want, including what features are important to you. What’s your preferred location? Do you require a beach, dock or waterfront? What is the number of bedrooms? What type of amenities are you looking for? Are you planning to rent? If you are, what is your target ROI per annum? Since Hope Town Hideaways is a most successful rental and property management company, we have at our fingertips the rental performance of investment properties. To see some of these homes, visit www.hopetown.com
4. View Properties with your agent and once you have chosen the Property you wish to purchase, our agent will prepare a written offer that includes contingencies, financing information if appropriate and a closing date. The offer is presented to the seller and either accepted or negotiations begin.
5. When negotiations are complete, your attorney and the sellers attorney will prepare a formal Sales Contract that details every aspect of the transaction from escrow terms to the closing date. A 10% deposit is required upon the signing of the Sales Contract.
6. Financing: If you are financing the purchase, the lending institution will require an appraisal. Your Bahamas real estate agent can co-ordinate this for you.
7. You will need to be represented by a Bahamian attorney in the transaction and they will ensure that there is correct and proper title to the property. Your agent can recommend several attorneys for you to choose from.
Would you like to take the next step towards owning your dream home in the Bahamas? Contact us